First of all...thanks everyone for your name advice...a few of you mentioned that once I see my daughter, one name will just be her name...& I agree...I'm just going to keep my ear out for new suggestions & I'll just know...but boy am I glad I don't have to pick TWO middle names, lol!! Her middle name is actually already set, always has been...My Mom & I both have the same middle name so it was easy to know that my daughter would share this tradition...it does help too since some names just don't flow with the middle name so I can cross them off the list right away...anyway, we'll just have to wait & see what her name turns out to be...
I had an appointment with my Midwife today...I went for my 2nd Glucose Tolerance Test last Thursday & they had the results...great news! I am still NOT Gestationally Diabetic (lol, is that a word?)...& the glucose in my urine has lowered...my results with this test are actually better than with the 1st test! I have been very careful about what I'm eating & it's obviously paying off...plus I've actually lost a couple of pounds...don't worry, nothing to worry about, it's just that I'm eating better...plus it wasn't like I didn't have a few pounds to spare!!
I do have to meet with an OB...because My Girl is weighing in at 6 lbs 2 oz already puts her above the 90th percentile, which here in Canada, results in an OB consult...but it's pretty much just to provide me with information & prepare me for different scenarios that could result from a large baby birth...& who doesn't want more information...it won't be new info that my midwives haven't already covered, just a different perspective & that's okay with me...I was afraid that they'd have to transfer care...it's not like I have anything against OBs, it's just that I fear that they jump to medical intervention too quickly & I'd be told that since she's big they'll jump to induction or c-section...my midwife reassured me that wasn't the case & we both agreed on who to refer too, he comes highly recommended & he's definitely not one to push medical intervention unnecessarily...the other thing I worried about with the consult is that it would have to go through my family Dr. I love my family Dr but he's not an OB & any referral from him would move me to another hospital in my city & I DO NOT want to be at that other hospital...but that's not a worry & I can stick with the hospital I know & already love...& still go for the luxury suite...which, BTW, my brother has offered to pay for if I do get one...he is so generous!!
Speaking of my brother...I had an eye opener about just how excited he is about my having a baby...he's a bit of a big-wig-muckity-muck at the company he works for...he was asked to speak at a conference in Florida, all expenses paid...but the conference is at the beginning of March & he doesn't want to be away when my daughter is born! I really am touched!
I guess that's it for now...if anyone has any more name advice or suggestions, keep 'em coming!!