Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Oh, My Heart

Elena's imagination has really bloomed this year & I love the stories she comes up with. "Just pretend" is a phrase I hear very often these days. She has a plethora of imaginary friends (due a post of their own, for sure!) & we are always "joined" by at least 2 or 3 "friends" wherever we go.
 
Driving in the car this past weekend, we were talking about who was "joining" us for our outing. She names a few of the usual suspects & then says, "And Gramma Lee too"
 
My heart skips a beat. I still miss her so much, the mention of her brings a lump to my throat. I look back at Elena in the rear view mirror & she says, "I know she's gone, Mommy. Let's just pretend she's not. Let's pretend she just went away. Let's pretend she's in S'awaii & she can come visit."
 
I replied, "That's a good idea, sweetie. Let's just pretend..."

8 comments:

  1. Oh if only it were that easy. I have been missing my mom something fierce lately. I love her sweet heart - I'm going to just pretend too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh... I teared up at that. Let's just pretend together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww...that is so sweet and touching. What a precious little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Broke my heart, but I love it, too. You've got a sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless, brought a tear to my eyes too. It amazes me how sensitive and sweet and understanding they can be at this age

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww. I went back and re-read your post on her, and teared up a bit. And yes, you have a very sweet little girl here :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh so sweet, what a lovely little lady you have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is so sweet. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated so I've turned off the verification!