Thursday, June 21, 2012

Our Conception-versary/Father's Day Weekend

Enjoying the view at the Teddy Bear's Picnic
Thank you all for your supportive comments on my last post. Losing my Dad changed me profoundly. It was losing him that made me wake up & stop taking life for granted…I stopped just existing & began creating a life worth living. I am deeply saddened it took losing him to make the positive changes my life needed & it hurts that he’s not here to see how far I’ve come. I know he would be so very proud of me…more than that, I know he would have absolutely adored Elena. She would have completely charmed him & he would have been wrapped so tightly around her little finger!



Speaking of Little Fingers…what a saga her hurt finger became! You remember what it looked like when she went to the Dr:


Well it got worse before it got better…This was last Wednesday:


She was finally feeling better by Friday & started eating regular foods again…but she split her sore finger open on a toy…which revealed how completely inept I am at bandaging:


Slowly but surely it is getting better:


None of this stopped us from having an absolutely awesome weekend!



Saturday we went to a Teddy Bear’s Picnic…most of the activities were above her age but she loved the freedom of being allowed to run around & explore…She had her very 1st Pony Ride…oh was she proud of herself!! She also experienced her 1st Petting Zoo…being up close & personal with the sheep & goats was a bit overwhelming at 1st but after her initial fear, she mustered her courage & ran at them screaming, herding them all into a corner then danced around the now empty corral with an attitude of, “I win!! How you like me now, bitches!” It was hilarious! She also had her 1st experience in a Bouncing Castle & oh the pure joy on her face! Priceless!



Sunday we headed States Side for a shopping trip…she was a trooper & had another 1st of riding on those coin operated mall rides…followed closely by a total meltdown once we ran out of coins, sigh.


After a long meandering drive (to allow for Elena to nap) we checked into our hotel & after a quick snack, headed straight to the pool for the rest of the afternoon. She was in her glory & I enjoyed seeing how far she’s come with her water talents as I hadn’t been to a pool with her since I went back to work.



Monday we packed up & headed to IHOP for an awesome breakfast (we don’t have IHOP in Canada!!)…before heading home we went to Target & scored a TON of great summer clothes for Elena plus I stocked up on all my favourite things we can’t buy here (like Vanilla Coke & Oreo Pop Tarts!!)



We got home in time for lunch & then headed back to the Dr for follow up on her finger…he was glad to see improvement. Elena was obviously worn out since she went to bed without any complaint & was sound asleep before 8pm!!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much fun! And how do you live without ihop? I really only like the pancakes but I couldn't do without it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ladies had a busy weekend! Sounds like a blast though. Oh those pictures of her tiny hands and the finger all messed up just breaks my heart. I'm so glad it's looking better though! She is just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great weekend!
    Glad her finger is better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great weekend blog! I was wondering where you were b/c you haven't posted in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh...so glad y'all had such a great weekend!! What beautiful memories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great weekend!! Glad to hear her finger is getting better! (By the way, bandaging a little finger is HARD! Elsie got a little cut this morning and my bandage didn't look so different then yours except she managed to pull it off in minutes.)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated so I've turned off the verification!