Thursday, December 12, 2013

I Don’t Even Know Where to Start…

I have all the same excuses reasons you read about all the time for not having blogged in a while. My last post (aside from the Crème de laCrème reminder…which you still have time before the December 15th deadline to submit, BTW) was September 24th…So much has happened since then…I’ve had plenty to say but never enough time to sit down & coherently articulate what is on my mind. When I would have time to write, I just couldn’t organize my thoughts enough or decide on which of the many topics on my mind I wanted to focus on…& time continued to pass & many things continued to happen…& the more time that passed, the harder it was to compose a post…Life has felt so busy…I know by the disarray of my home that spare time has been minimal. Yet as I sit here, I am at a loss as to what has kept me too busy to blog…well, that’s not completely true…I know what has kept me from blogging but none of it is interesting enough to blog about! Instead of trying to play catch up, I will start fresh right now with a clean slate.

The biggest news lately was our big vacation! Elena & I went to the Dominican Republic for a week!! We stayed at the Grand Bahia Principe LaRomana…& this trip was 100% better than last year!!!

I feel so very lucky that Elena is such a great traveler! Our flight was at 5:40am which meant getting Elena out of bed at 4am…thankfully (& surprisingly) she went to bed extra early the night before without fuss! She has been obsessed with the dark since the time change & was so excited at the promise that we would be going on the plane in the dark! She did amazingly on the plane, hardly fussing at all & even taking a 40 minute nap! I had a whole bag of tricks to keep her busy plus we had seat back TVs that all kept her entertained during the 4.5 hour flight.

That's a Walmart toy flyer she studied for a good 45 minutes!!

 

Aside from a couple hiccups (no air conditioning in our room the 1st night & Elena falling of the slide & getting a fat lip on the 2nd day) our vacation was absolute perfection!! I don’t have a single complaint about the entire trip…Spending 7 days with Elena was an absolute treat! Don’t get me wrong, Elena had her moments, she is 2.5 after all, but when all you have to do all day is swim, play on the beach & eat, this leaves little time for her to tantrum.

Speaking of swimming…Elena swims on her own now!!! That’s right, at 2.5 she swims! What’s funny is she doesn’t quite realize that she can swim. She jumps in & swims to me then wants me to help her swim back to the side!! I have some great video but Blogger won't let me upload it :(

I was also very happy that she’s gotten over her aversion to sand & we were able to play on the beach this year!! She & I are very good hole diggers! She even played in the ocean!! Of course she did this on the day I didn’t have my camera with us!! I still caught some great beach fun!

 

Lastly, I have to rave about one of the single best purchases I have ever made! Last spring, I found the “On the Edge Marketing” Folding Wagon online. It is an awesome alternative to a stroller! Now that Elena likes to walk as often as ride, this has been fantastic!! There’s plenty of space for diaper bags, lunch bags & depending on ages/sizes, can fit 2-4 children comfortably! It folds flat & takes up less space than our collapsible stroller!! It meets airline standards to be checked at the gate same as a stroller…& was a dream to have in the airport!! Being able to load all our bags plus Elena into it while navigating the terminal, security & customs was awesome!! It also made life at the resort so much easier! We would load it up every morning with our swim bags, beach toys, snacks…& it made getting a dawdling toddler from point A to point B so much easier!! There is only 1 drawback…no brakes, so you have to be mindful where you stop. Also be prepared to be stopped by other parents & grandparents everywhere you go!! We get stopped at least 2-3 times to be asked where we got it, how much it cost & a dozen other questions! I don’t mind raving about it though!! Oh, & in case you were wondering, I have no affiliation with “On the Edge Marketing” or any seller or dealer for the wagon in any way…it’s just an awesome product I had to rave about!!
 
I’ll leave you with a few of our favourite moments…


 

13 comments:

  1. Wow, she looks so grown up! Looks like a wonderful time (I'm rather jealous)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to hear from you again! Love the tip on the folding wagon. Sounds like a fantastic trip, and gives me hope that I can maybe soon take a longer one with my almost 2.5-year old without having it totally suck :)

    Tara K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time is eaten up by being the a working mom with a toddler. I am in the same boat wondering where time goes!!

    With that said, I hope all is well! And it looks alike a great vacation!! I am jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your vacation looks like heaven! I am so glad you had such a great trip and Elena is such a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...seems like such a fun trip! Love how absorbed she looks with the flyer :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad the two of you had such a special vacation. And I'm sure it was nice to escape the cold for a little while!

    That wagon is awesome. I'll have to keep it in mind when my little guy gets older.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful trip - and that wagon is AWESOME! So great to see an update from you (and you can ignore that hint in my Christmas card about updating. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww she is so cute! And that wagon looks like a great buy. Glad you had a fun getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a great trip at a very beautiful place. I'm glad you and Elena had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, at a certain point, wagons just make more sense. Oh, and your vacation pictures are LOVELY--especially the one of Elena looking out to sea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So great that you are back at your blog - your holiday looks awesome. pleases Elena went well with the travelling too. She looks so grown up - a proper little girl now. Glad you had a fun week

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated so I've turned off the verification!