Friday, September 3, 2010

FREE DRUGS...and other stuff

Okay, before I forget ('cause I do that a lot lately!) I've been meaning to post that I have 1 shot of Ovidril still in the package & kept in the fridge that I don't think I'll be needing. Now I don't know the logistics or legalities of shipping something like this but if anyone wants this it's yours for the taking...send me an email to: t(dot)like(dot)tara@gmail.com & we can work out the details!

Now the other stuff...I had my 13 week U/S on Wednesday...I was nervous going in for a number of reasons...this time I had to go to the hospital instead of my clinic & you definitely don't get the kind of personal attention you do at the clinic...but I was lucky, my tech turned out to be great. Her name was Paula, which right away I knew was a good sign since my S-I-L's name is Paula. I told her up front that I'd M/C back in April & was nervous & needed to know that baby was okay...as soon as she put the wand on my belly, she said, "there's Baby & there's the strong heartbeat. Everything looks perfect." I was so grateful that she put my mind at ease right away. She even adjusted the screen so I could watch while she took all the measurements & stuff so I got a good long look at my precious one moving about. Paula then went & got my Mom & took the time to show us all of Baby's parts, a nice close up on the face, spine, hands, feet, heartbeat...the only downside is they don't print pictures but it was enough for me to know Baby is still perfect & well. At 13 weeks Baby is measuring 13 weeks & 2 days & heart is still beating strong at 160 beats/minute.

It all feels really real now...that may sound weird but up until now, in my head Baby was more of an abstract concept...but now that I'm really feeling the tugging & stretching in my abdomen, now that my tummy is starting to protrude, I'm really starting to FEEL pregnant. Up until now, I didn't FEEL pregnant...oh sure, I had morning sickness & fatigue (understatement!) & stuff but that all felt more like I had the flu than that I was pregnant! I can't wait until Tuesday when I see my Midwife again as I'm hoping she'll use the doppler & I'll finally get to HEAR Baby! I've seen Baby's heartbeat but I have yet to hear it!

Okay everyone, have a fantastic long weekend! It's Ribfest here so y'all know where I'll be!!!


7 comments:

  1. So 13 weeks...I can't wait to get there so I will feel pregnant to. Congrats on your great u/s. You're really on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, 13 weeks already! Such a nice nurse you had.

    Sometimes I still don't feel pregnant. Maybe I need to get to the 'big a swollen Gille' stage before I'll get it! Happy you do feel it though.

    I'm anxious to hear from Jett too so I know what that feels like for sure. Hopefully your little one wont run from the doppler. I'm about to go in after this kid!

    Wishing you luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yahoo - 13 weeks!! Your ultrasound sounds like it was such a great experience - totally putting your mind at ease.
    Can't wait to hear all about Tuesday! Maybe have your mom take a picture of your face the first time you hear the heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great news.. I am so happy for you. Please keep us all updated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohooo! 13 weeks! I love that you had a good ultrasound, and a good tech, too!

    It's also good to hear that it's starting to feel real. It seems so unreal for me right now that I was wondering if I just dreamed it all in the first place.

    Oh, and thanks for the reassurance about the not so tender boobs on my blog - I was hoping you'd comment about that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, I'm so glad you had a good ultrasound! Its gonna get more real with every passing day now, how utterly exciting!

    And @ Shannon- everybody's symptoms are different - I never had any nausea but hellaciously tender boobs until 10 days after my D&C- symptoms mean very little, so don;t stress about them (super easy to say, I know)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 13 weeks! That's second trimester, no?
    Glad you had Paula as the tech!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated so I've turned off the verification!