Wednesday, February 16, 2011

37 Weeks...Full Term, Baby!!

Wow...37 weeks already! In some ways it seems like it's been 37 years & in other ways it seems like it's been 37 minutes!!

This time last year I was gearing up for my HSG & was so nervous about it...it still doesn't seem real sometimes...I stop cold & say to myself, "Whoa, I'm going to have a baby...A BABY!" How did this happen, lol?!?!?

I had my OB consult yesterday...what a great Dr! Very dry but so thorough & I really like that he's a straight shooter & doesn't sugar coat anything...he said that he wasn't concerned at all with the size of Baby (which was the reason for the consult) but seeing that my amniotic fluids had been low did concern him..."But they went back to normal," I said..."Yes, but low normal." That I hadn't known...thank god for my recently found zen perspective from the psychiatrist or else info like that would have sent me in a tail spin!

Dr ordered another ultrasound to see if Baby was still growning & that fluid levels were steady etc...if she hadn't grown and/or the fluid levels were lower this could indicate a problem with the placenta & we would induce...thanks to my new zen perspective & my Girl moving around consistantly, I wasn't worried at all...I adopted a wait-and-see attitude...luckily I didn't have to wait long as they were able to book me for an ultrasound this morning & straight to the Dr afterward (conveniently, they're in the same building).

Everything is great...my Girl is still scoring 8/8 on the Biophysical Profile...fluid levels are holding steady & she's still growing (OMG!!) & she's now estimated at about 8 1/2 lbs! Dr was very pleased with this & said we'll wait & see if she decides to come on her own...but he's concerned that my blood pressure has been elevated...not high really but higher than the rest of the pregnancy...then he said the best thing I could ever hear: "You just need to rest & take it easy" meaning it would be advisable to stop working!! You don't have to tell me twice!!! Friday was going to be my last day anyway but I had some sick time left so as of 4:30 today, I am DONE!!!

And now we wait...I'm booked for another ultrasound Friday the 25th & to see him afterward & will see my midwife early next week...unless my Girl decides to make an appearance in the mean time...

10 comments:

  1. Wow! It's so close. So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My comment disappeared into never-never land... the jist was... WOOHOO!!!! I'm so happy to read your post full of GOOD NEWS!!! A healthy baby girl who can come at her own pace and a healthy Mama who now has a few MONTHS OFF WORK!!! I'm so excited for you Tiara, for your upcoming new beginning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY EXCITING! and great news about continued good health. Hope you can relax and enjoy these next weeks. You'll be holding your baby soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So soon! Cant wait to meet your girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! Term baby! She can come anytime now and be just fine. I hope you do get a few weeks to rest up before life gets crazy! Wow. Things are never going to be the same again Tiara. I am so happy for you!! Stay zen! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW - 37 weeks! Congratulations! So glad you and baby girl are doing so well. Enjoy your time off preparing---she'll be here before you know it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to you and baby! Glad to hear everything is going well and you'll be able to have a little 'relaxation' time before she arrives. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Everything sounds great. And relax, relax, relax. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 37 weeks - I can't believe it! Enjoy your time off - I'm really looking forward to reading your birth announcement!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Full term!! Can't wait :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated so I've turned off the verification!