Monday, April 4, 2011

Liz Taylor Died...

...and I had no idea...how did I miss this? I didn't hear a peep about Ms Taylor's passing until I was standing in line at the Pharmacy & saw the People's Magazine tribute to her...I was so shocked I turned to my Mom & said, a little too loudly, "Liz Taylor died?!?!?!" I would have expected there be a total media blitz a la Michael Jackson for her so am baffled that I missed this!!

Elena is One Month Old today!!! One Month already!! We're doing pretty good...Elena had her 4 week check up & she is doing great, weighing in at 9 lbs 7 oz now...she had her renal ultrasound on Wednesday...you may recall that when she was inutero, her right kidney had been dilated...we don't get results until this Thursday but Elena was a superstar & didn't cry at all!!

Elena still has her days & nights mixed up...we had a couple of rough nights last week...I was afraid she was becoming colicy but she's just gassy...I have started drinking fennel tea regularly & found some alcohol free all natural Gripe water that seems to be doing the trick...plus she'll sleep for 4-5 hours after being up during the night so that's a good stretch of sleep for me. I've made an appointment for Elena to see a chiropractor...I've read that they can help with gassiness...hopefully it'll help Elena.


6 comments:

  1. I can't believe she's 1 month old already! She sounds like a great baby--and you are a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! A month!
    Chiros are great. Jett did well at his appointments and I of course believe in them as well. I'm sure it will be good for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's a month already? How is that possible?

    I can't help but wonder if it was Elena that kept you from finding out that Liz Taylor died, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new header, your little one is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One month!!Big girkl!

    I also only just found out about the death of Liz Taylor and was also kind of shocked..

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated so I've turned off the verification!