Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Kindness of Others...

I had such a great day today! 1st thing this morning I went down to the donor clinic to drop off my now notarized Open ID forms...the woman there was just wonderful! We chatted for a bit...she filled me in on their warranty & guarantee, explained the timeline of my swimmers being sent...answered all my questions...then gave me a big hug & made me cry when she said how proud she was to meet women like me who are taking control of the direction of their lives & choosing to be mothers rather than falling into the social norms & waiting for a man...she was so kind & genuine.

Now I have an extremely supportive circle of family & friends that have been overwhelmingly encouraging & excited with me...but coming from a stranger? It has a different effect...I've grown into a woman who doesn't put much weight into stranger's opinions of me. What do I care what "they" think of me? There's a line from a Neil Young song I love, "It doesn't mean that much to me to mean that much to you..." But I guess this only relates to when "they" think negatively of me because it sure felt good to have that validation & encouragement from a person I have never met & may never see again...

My brother really made my day today too...he told me how excited he is for me but the line that really touched me the most was:
"I have to admit, I'm pretty excited about having the opportunity to pay YOU back in the future for all of these favours!!! I'm 100% sure you'll have a girl and I'll get to spoil her!!!"
That is so awesome to hear! My brother & his family mean so much to me & to have him so excited for me just means the world!! Crying bout #2...

I'm on day 2 of taking Clomid (CD6) and am feeling some mild side effects...I feel kinda woozy & lightheaded...but that's it...for now...unless you count the crying. I'm not much of a cryer. Well, I mean, I tear up at a sappy commercial or movie, a touching Oscar speech, etc...but actually tears flowing? Not so much...but I can't pin point for sure if it's the Clomid or just the excitement...It's the depression I'm concerned about most since I have suffered from depression in the past. I don't feel depressed. I feel pretty giddy & happy...it's only day 2 though so we'll wait & see...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated so I've turned off the verification!