Monday, March 1, 2010

Wow, what a weekend!!

Between earthquakes & gold medals this weekend just flew by!!

I have been house & dog sitting for the past 6 (count 'em SIX!) weeks while my aunt toured around South America...the good news is that she hit Chile at the beginning of her trip. The bad news, she's standed in Buenos Aires trying to get a flight home. Her original flight was to connect through Santiago & since all those flights were cancelled...I am still dog & house sitting...

And then that game! Talk about a nail biter!! Yeah, Canada!!! We owned the podium after all!

Anyway...news on the baby-making front...I finally got the nerve to have "the Talk" with my boss...I (of course) didn't tell her that I was TTC (trying to conceive) but felt a conversation was in order to explain my frequent doctors appointments & bruised arms. I love my job & my boss puts a lot of trust in me to let me do my thing work-wise & I didn't want her to think I was taking advantage or that I was becoming a flake.

It went well, I had worked myself up into such nervousness, it could only go better than I'd expected...on the advice of my very business-wise brother, I was honest but vague, assured her my work wouldn't suffer...she was very understanding & told me not to worry & as long as I kept her informed, everything was peaches.

Phew, glad that's out of the way...& this way if, I mean when I get pregnant I can explain that I didn't want to say anything in case it didn't work, etc...I mean, couples don't have to tell their boss that they're TTC, why should I, right?

So my next big step today was calling the donor clinic to see about ordering my...okay, what do we call it? specimen seems to scientific...sperm seems too crude...sample? whatever, I called & my number 1 choice is a new donor so they don't know if his stuff(?) is out of quarantine yet...my other 2 choices are no longer available. So I go back to my short list & name 3 more...my 1st choice out of that bunch is available & 1 other...that's okay I guess...but it doesn't matter anyway since both the donor clinic & the clinic where I'll have my IUI both say its too soon to order...which is confusing since my RE & the nurse at my clinic both said, "Oh yeah, order any time..."

I have an appointment with my RE on Wednesday anyway so I will double check & confirm then...I think I may check out another donor clinic too...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated so I've turned off the verification!